Would you like to connect your course to the real world? Would you like your course page to display up-to-date news from your organisation or maybe even a conference/event? If the answer is yes, follow the next seven-steps.
Despite Twitter removing the ability to generate RSS feeds for accounts, displaying a Twitter feed on your course page is easier than you may think:
1. Go to http://twitter.com/settings/widgets and click on the Create New button
2. Enter a Twitter account name and click on the Create Widget button*
3. Copy the generated code to your clipboard.
4. On your course page, add an HTML block.
5. Access the settings for your HTML block and go to the HTML editor in the Block Content.
6. Paste the code (from your clipboard) into the Content area, then click on the Update button.
7. Give the block a title (eg. Twitter Feed) then click on Save Changes.
*To link to a topic rather than a direct Twitter account, simply click on the Search tab in Step 2 (above) before creating your widget.
How to add a Twitter feed to your Moodle course is one of the many topics we cover in our Online Moodle Training Courses.
If you would like to get more out of your Moodle site, we want to help. Call us on 0330 660 1111 or contact us via http://info.howtomoodle.com/contact-us.