Moodle HQ have this week released their latest major version - 3.1.
This new version includes lots of new features - as well as numerous fixes and improvements - plus the added benefit of long-term support for the next 3 years. Here are some of the key features in this release:
- Support for Competency Based Education (CBE). This is one of Moodle's headline features, which now centrally stores information about what learners know, and what they are still yet to learn. Administrators can create learning plan templates and apply them to individuals or to entire cohorts of students. Competency frameworks can be constructed within Moodle, or, with a plug in, imported from external sources.
- Assignment grading interface is now smoother. All grading tools are on one screen and there is now the ability to annotate over student submissions regardless of their file type.
- Easy retrieval of deleted files.
- Improved tagging and course editing.
- Greater usability for students.
- Enhancements to several activities (e.g. forum, workshop and lesson).
Choose from the below options for more information on the key features for all users, administrators and teachers.
Want to know more? Watch the below video that gives a nice summary of Moodle 3.1 features below, or for the full release notes click here.
If you would like to discuss upgrading your current Moodle version, call us on 0330 660 1111 or contact us via http://info.howtomoodle.com/contact-us.