Moodle mobile 2.0 for iOS and Android has recently been released. This latest app is a big step for mobile learning with Moodle.
While this latest release is a smooth upgrade from previous versions, internally it's a completely new app built on a new open source framework, Ionic. The advantage that this brings is that it will mean future mobile developments will be faster in future.
In addition to a cleaner-looking app, some of the new features and improvements in Moodle Mobile 2.0 include:
- Improved UI and faster and smoother application
- Introduction of natural functions including pull to refresh, infinite scrolling
- Simplified app experience with filters, easier settings and access to user profile
- Support for many more Moodle features including Activity Completion, Choice, Notes, Book, IMS CP and Chat
- Vastly increased storage space within the app
- Offline access for calendar
- Smarter push notifications that support multiple Moodle sites per app.
The app is available to download now for Android & iOS, and will be available on the other app stores soon. You can download it here.
You can find more detail on the features of this latest release here.
If you require help with this app on your hosted site please get in touch with one of our experts.