With the Tiny MCE text editor provided in Moodle, it is easy to create rich text content for your courses.
Did you know that you can easily customise the tool-set that is presented to your teachers to simplify or extend their editing ability?
Follow the steps below to take advantage of this.
- As an Administrator, access the TinyMCE HTML editor’s General Settings via thePlugins menu in the Administration (formerly Settings) block.
- Scroll down to the Editor toolbar settings and you are presented with a series of codes which represent the toolbar icons that are currently available to you in the Editing tools.
- In this example, I want to remove four icons from my Editing tools (as highlighted in Fig 1.1 below).
I do this by simply deleting the specific icon codes from the Editor toolbar settings (as indicated in Fig 1.2) then click on the Save Changes button.
- If you wish to add an icon (in this example, the Horizontal Rule icon) to the toolbar, simply add to the code (as indicated in Fig 2.1) and click on the Save Changes button.Use a comma to separate each icon and a “pipe” (Shift + \) to separate groups of icons.
- There are a variety of toolbar icons that can be made available; click on the link below to view a list (or access the link via the General Settings page):http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/TinyMCE3x:Buttons/controls